Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Don't you know how to walk DUMMIE??

The sidewalk ends here. Seriously. They make no sense, one minute you're walking along, and then there is this incredibly awkward moment when you realize you're standing in the middle of the street.

Anyway, one of the very first of my yank mistakes coming here was not getting the lingo, the first day we all went on a walk to the duck pond and I kept getting on to one of the boys for calling his brother a dummie. I kept giving them dirty looks and saying things like "Please talk nicely!"little did I know a dummie is what they call pacifiers. So when the boys were saying "Your dummie!" that wasn't just two year old talk for "You are a dummie" .....I'm stupid. I've composed a few word swaps that confuse the heck outta me!

Diaper=Nappy
Nap=Sleep
Counter=Bench
Stroller=Pram
Candy=Lollie
Cookies=Biscuits or Bikkies

And the ever so classic

Pastor pass the pasta = 
"Eh Passta Passtaaa Passta!"

No comments:

Post a Comment